Acceptable Use Policy
Effective: February 28th, 2022
All usage of our Service (as defined in our Terms of Service) is subject at all times to this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”). If you violate this AUP, we may suspend your access to or use of the Service. We reserve the right to amend, alter, or modify your conduct requirements as set forth in this AUP at any time.
You may access and use the Service only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this AUP. You agree not to access or use the Service:
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm, minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation, or to otherwise send bulk communications or other content without the recipient’s consent.
- To harvest or collect information about third parties or OpenReel Users without consent.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate us, our employees, another OpenReel User, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent in each instance;
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Service, or which, as determined by us, may harm OpenReel or OpenReel Users or expose them to liability.
- In connection with any high risk environment, or in an unsafe manner.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Restrict, discourage, or inhibit any person from using the Service.
- Use the Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Service or interfere with any other party’s use of the Service, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Service.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Service.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Service or any server, computer, database, or other resource or element connected to the Service.
- Violate, attempt to violate, or knowingly facilitate the violation of the security or integrity of the Service.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service.
You agree not to use the Service to send, share, distribute, knowingly receive, upload, download, store, use, or re-use any material which:
- Contains any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable, including any material that promotes self-harm, promotes terrorist activity, promotes misinformation, or otherwise poses a threat to the public.
- Constitutes any trade secret of any third party, or is non-public information about individuals or companies where you do not have the authorization to do so.
- Promotes sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, color, sexual orientation, marital status, gender or identity expression, parental status, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship and/or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Violates the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contains any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations.
- Is likely to deceive any person.
- Promotes any illegal activity, or advocates, promotes, or assists any unlawful act.
- Causes annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or is likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonates any person, or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.